Hakone is a unique and intimate venue for your wedding ceremony and reception, unmatched by any other indoor or outdoor setting in the Bay Area. The Event Staff at Hakone is available for you seven days a week (with the exception of holidays and special events). Looking for a special venue for your wedding can be overwhelming and we are here to help you.
We will meet with you one on one, no group tours, because we strongly feel that each couple deserves our full attention. Please make sure to schedule a tour with the Events Office so that we can provide you with enough time to answer all of your questions. Tours are scheduled seven days a week and can be arranged via email: Events@Hakone.com.
A visit to Hakone helps you to imagine exchanging vows in the ambiance of our beautiful Japanese gardens, over a beautiful Koi pond with a cascading waterfall in the background, choose the covered Wisteria Pavilion, or hold your ceremony in our Garden Site which includes a view of all the above areas.
You can also imagine your reception in an enchanting environment, surrounded by nature and under the stars, or inside our historic Cultural Exchange Center (a replica of a 19th century Kyoto tea merchant's house) which includes a spacious deck overlooking the panoramic Silicon Valley.
Hakone offers many different options for your morning or evening wedding ceremony and reception, both inside and outside locations are available.
Only at Hakone:
- No corkage fee
- Bring your own wine, beer and soft drinks at no additional cost
- No cake cutting fee
- Unique and exquisite venue
- The Zen House with Zen Garden
- Cultural Exchange Center with deck
- Museum quality exhibits inside the Cultural Exchange Center
- Bamboo Forrest, Waterfall, Koi Pond, Moon Bridge and Wisteria Pavilion
- Event Office open seven days a week
Included in your rental fee:
- Pre-event meetings, walk-through, referrals, and consultations with Event Manager
- Photo shoot
- Set up and break down time before and after the event
- Free admission and parking for guests
- Ceremony rehearsal time
- Dressing area for Bride
- Hakone Event Staff (day of your wedding)
- Chairs and tables
- Ceremony chair setup and breakdown
- Membership for one year
- Admission Pass
- Access to our gardens during your entire event
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more specific information.
For more information on wedding pricing and availability, please contact our Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-741-4957.
If you email us please include the following information:
- Number of expected guests
- Ceremony, reception or both
- Date(s) you are considering
- Where did you hear of Hakone?
Below are a few photo links of weddings at Hakone:
Hakone Wedding 1
Hakone Wedding 2
Hakone Wedding 3
Hakone Wedding 4
Hakone Wedding 5
Find us on