- Book: Hakone Estate and Gardens, “Images of America” series, Arcadia Publishing
- Exhibiton at CEC: Hakone Gardens and Executive Order 9066. Open Events.
- $4 million dollar renovation of the 100 year old koi pond and surrounding ADA paths and landscape. Please find out why the project is so vital and important.
- No feeding the Koi fish until Spring
- Hakone Estate and Gardens is open.
Please wear a face covering except for children 6 and under, and maintain at least six-foot social distancing. The picnic area is closed.
About Hakone Estate and Gardens
One of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s premier sites and 100 years old, Hakone is one of the old Japanese estate, retreat and gardens in the Western Hemisphere. Hakone has also been on the National Register of Historic Places since 2013. 18 acres of magnificent beauty is nestled in the verdant hills of Saratoga overlooking Silicon Valley.
Open Hakone's History to read more about us.
Updated on April 28, 2021
Support Hakone Estate and Gardens
Your donation supports our operation and garden improvements. Visit Donate to Hakone for how you can help us, or make a quick donation online.
Becoming a member is another way to help us. You receive discounts at the Hakone Gift Shop and some other benefits. See Become a Member for more information.
Or you can simply subscribe Hakone newsletters to receive updates from us!